Monday, August 18, 2008

Big Ten Pickin' time

The good folks over @ SpartyMSU and The Enlightened Spartan are picking all the Spartan games this season, and they were kind enough to let me join in. Here are my picks, and I've got MSU going 8-4/5-3 this season:

Best possibility for an expected loss I didn't predict: Wisconsin. Depth could be an issue by that point in the season, and Wisconsin seems to grow 300 lb. white dudes on trees. If we lose, expect the lines to be an issue.

Best possibility to get upset: Northwestern. This game is going to be tricky like it was last year. Luckily, the crowd should be split 50/50 @ Ryan Field, and it'll be tough for C.J. Bacher to have another game against us like he did last season. Still, if Jenrette's not back by that time, our secondary's going to have to step up big time.

@ Cal - Win
EMU - Win
FAU - Win
Notre Dame - Loss
@Indiana - Win
Iowa - Win
@NW - Win
OSU - Loss
@ UM - Win
Wisky - Win
Purdue - Loss
PSU - Loss

I'll put my thinking behind each pick before each preview, which will go up the Wednesday before each game.

No comments: